Friday, February 8, 2008

The poor man's David Blaine

So I photographed this guy from Stratford yesterday who claims to be "an illusionist", matching the likes of magicians such as David Blaine and Criss Angel. He was very charming and intriguing to say the least but in the end, his tricks of the trade and slight of hand fell short for me. I'm pretty sure that I completely figured out his levitation routine, not to mention that I was a bit put off by the fact that two people he knows, one being his publicist, strapped him into his straight jacket. But alas, it sure provided great entertainment value, not to mention some fun images.











Mike Daly, one of my editors, was on hand to observe and dissect the performance.



And who knew that stovepipe hats were back in style?



No comments: